Medals are SOLD OUT for this race but you can still register and participate!
Ready to have some fun?! Our annual walk/run for Autism Awareness and Acceptance is back. While our event will look different from last year, we're still going to come together safely to raise much needed funds. All proceeds from the event will be used to fund our family grant program.
Those participating in the 5K Run (timed) will start at 10am and those participating in the 5K Walk (not timed, no race bib provided) will start at 10:15am. We will adhere to an approximate 20 min/mile pace and everyone must be finished by 11:15am
Below you'll find highlighted changes to this year's event, as required by Public Health - Dayton and Montgomery County. Please understand that this list is not inclusive and is subject to change. Changes will be posted below and we encourage you to review them prior to participating on race day.
- Participants are required to self screen and must be free of symptoms and illness for 14 days prior to the race. Symptomatic participants may not participate. You will be asked covid symptom related questions at packet pick up.
- There is no paper registration available.
- There will be no onsite registration on race morning. You must register online by 9:45 am on race day.
- We strongly encourage you to pick up up your items at the packet pick up noted below. If you're unable to do so, you can pick up beginning at 8:30 am on race day. Whether at packet pickup or in the park on race day, you must wear a mask while in line to pick up your race items and you must maintain six feet physical distance from the person in front of you.
- Participants must wear masks until the race actually starts. The mask or face covering must cover your nose, mouth, and chin. We recognize that some folks with Autism may not be able to wear a mask. In this case, a face shield will work. If a face shield will not work, we will ask that participants maintain six feet distance from people with whom they didn't come.
- Though our physical contact with participants will be minimal, hand sanitizer will be provided at the start and finish line areas.
- You can begin lining up at 9:45 am for the start at 10:00 am. Please wait in your car until it is time to line up.
- We will have an area marked with cones, staggered six feet apart. Participants will stand, physically distanced in the park and waiting to enter the start area.
- Participants are encouraged to maintain a distance of six feet from other participants and to run/walk single file as far right as possible, allowing enough room for others to pass if needed. Thus, running/walking side by side or in groups is highly discouraged.
- There will be no water stops on the course, so please bring your own water. At the finish line, we'll have bottled water and snacks to take with you.
- Restrooms may or may not be available in the park.
- No spitting, snotting, or projections of any bodily fluid before, during, or after race.
- All participants must avoid any physical contact with other participants which include high fives, fist bumps, or close contact before, during or after the event.
- Before, during, and after the race, participants must abide by the six-foot physical distancing requirement when lining up or passing other participants.
- Spectators are not permitted on the course, at start line, or finish line.
- Please do not congregate after the race. Participants are encouraged to gather their belongings and leave immediately after the race.
- There will be no post race awards ceremony.
- Please read and follow all guidelines for this event. We cannot stress this enough. If these guidelines aren't followed, we'll have to stop the race. Additionally, following these guidelines will demonstrate to decision makers that we can continue to have future events.
Through April 30th
$25 for adults, $20 for those 17 and under
Save $5 and select no shirt
May 1 - May 8
$30 for adults, $25 for those 17 and under
NEW THIS YEAR! Registrants will receive a medal! Amount will be limited and if we are close to a sell out of medals, we'll update social media. MEDALS ARE SOLD OUT! You can still register and participate, but you'll have to check back at the end of the race to see if there are any medals available.
Want to support the race but aren't able to attend in person? Register for the virtual option and pick up your race items at packet pickup or choose to have them mailed to you. Cost for shipping and handling will be $7.99.
Submit your time by May 8th at 11:15am
Using one of the two options below, you have until May 8 to submit your time
Download the IYR Virtual App - Use the app on your run, walk, or roll and your time will upload automatically to the race site when you finish your registered distance!
Or add your time manually - Add your time by finding your name on the results page. Make sure you choose the virtual race from the drop down.
If you need additional support with this, check out this helpful site or send an email to Key Sports!
Pre-race packet pick up
Friday, May 7th, 5 pm-7 pm at Payne Recreation Center
Drive through only - masks are required to be worn even though you will be in your cars.
Saturday, May 8th, 10 am at Payne Recreation Center
8:30 am - 9:45 am: Race day packet pick up. Masks are required to be worn while in line at packet pick up.
9:45 am: You may begin lining up
10 am: Timed 5K start. Untimed 5K will start shortly after. Masks are required to be worn while in line waiting for the race to start.
Parking is plentiful at Payne Recreation Center. Please follow the directions from the parking volunteers.
Post race food and resource fair items will be grab and go after the race. Please review changes above.
Results will post when you finish on the Key Sports website.